How is it already Monday?! Did you all have a good holiday weekend? Since the 4th was on a Thursday this year, David took Friday off and we headed to the city for the day with the boys. We are trying to take in everything we can before this baby arrives here soonish.
Obviously, the other reason I love long holiday weekends, is because David gets stuff done. He finished painting Dax’s room and it looks so clean and bright. I am really happy we decided to do moldings instead of wallpaper and keep it all white. I know white can be boring, but I think it looks super cool in this room.
We went with Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace and I really think this is my new favorite white. We are going to do our entire basement in this as well, but more on that later.
With the painting being done, all that is left to do is clean up and move Daxxy into his new room! He is so excited, but it is definitely bitter sweet for me since it means he is that much closer to not being my baby anymore.
As you all know by now, I am a huge fan of wallpaper. If I could, I would have some in every room of this house. Right now, we have wallpaper in Dax’s nursery, Eli’s room, and the laundry room. I eventually want to have some in our half-bath when we redo that, and potentially the kids’ playroom- but we would wait until we used it as a office. I really wanted to put some in Dax’s big boy room, but even though we are moving him out of his black and white nursery, we are sticking with that color scheme in the new room too. Well, it will be more of a white room with accents of black. That being said, I thought it would be too much to have two black and white rooms- actually three if you count the boys’ newly renovated bathroom. So, we decided to not use wallpaper this time around, and to do a cool accent wall of moldings instead.
Fortunately, moldings are much cheaper than wallpaper, and a lot easier to install. So far they are looking really good, and I can start to see the room coming together. I am in my third trimester now, so we are on a strict time crunch to get this room ready. I want Dax moved in and settled long before the baby arrives. I don’t want him feeling like we are kicking him out of is nursery to make room for the baby, even though that is totally what is happening, let’s be real!
Once the moldings are sanded and perfect, we can paint!
David actually completed the flooring in Dax’s room before our babymoon, but things have been so crazy since we got back, that I haven’t had a chance to share the progress. We used the same flooring we have throughout the entire house, so it was pretty easy and familiar for David to install. This room is really small, but the flooring makes it look a bit larger which is nice. Most importantly, the toddler of the house approves. He checks on his new room every time he walks upstairs! Next up, moldings.
I hope that you all had a nice long weekend. We spent a lot of time working on some projects, eating way too much food, and celebrating Dax’s second birthday early.
After a lot of going back and forth, we decided to move Dax into a big boy room, and we will make his current nursery the new baby’s. This room is the last guest room of the house, and is also the only untouched room since we have moved here two years ago.
The room is painted in Chicago Cubs colors, and the carpet is beyond nasty. I’m glad we have an urgent excuse to redo it. I say urgent because we want to get Dax into this room ASAP. I want him in here and settled a while before the baby comes, because I don’t want him to feel like we are kicking him out of his room for a new baby to take it over.
The first thing to go will be the carpet, and I am sure the room will look better immediately!
You would think that after almost 8 years of marriage and almost 14 years together, David would know that I’m always right. One day he will get it (hopefully).
He took out the tiles that had the bad spacing, replaced them with new tiles, and spaced them much better this time around.
Once they were dry, he grouted. It looks so much better, and it was such an easy fix, but such a waste of time to even have to fix something that should have been done right in the first place. Oh well!
In these pictures, you can see the dark spots in the grout. They aren’t dark now that they are dry, but it gives you a good idea where the tiles needed to be replaced.
It’s such a relief to have this done- after all, its only been 5 months since I mentioned it needed to be fixed.
It seems like ages ago that I gave a laundry room update. I think the last time david worked on the laundry room might have been in December. Yikes! Sounds about right though. Anyway, back in December I shared the spacing issues that we were having with the floor.
I warned David that I thought it looked off, but he insisted that it would be fine once the grout was in. Well, he was wrong, and it took one of his coworkers to notice the spacing in the picture to get David to agree with me.
We need our final bedroom upstairs cleared out so that we can start Dax’s big boy room. That means the laundry room has to be completed since the majority of the crap in the bedroom belongs in the laundry room.
David took apart the tiles that had funky spacing last weekend promising that he would be able to fix it. Fingers crossed!